1. What is your full name?
Jessica James Nicks (soon-to-be Parkinson Nicks). I was named after both my grandfathers, and I’ve gone by Nixi since I was about 12 years old.
2. Where are you from?
Born in Los Angeles, CA, but grew up in Phoenix, AZ.
3. What’s your shade of Flesh?
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Go back to sleep, hah! I’m the worst at waking up, so usually my alarm clock is my 3-year-old climbing into bed, before I hop up to make coffee while scrolling Instagram.
5. What is your signature beauty look?
Light coverage foundation or CC Cream to start. I have rosacea, so I like to even out my skin tone. Highlighter, obviously. Then I put some freckles on, and a bit of blush over my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. It sounds silly but I actually place it to look like I’m a little sunburnt–I think it gives a really natural glow. Then it's just mascara, lip balm/gloss, and gel on my brows. If I’m going out I’ll choose either a red lip or a winged eye.
6. Last book you read?
"A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness. I LOVE fantasy books and this series is the best I’ve read in ages, it combines witches, romance and non-fiction/history in a truly spectacular way. I’m currently reading the second in the series.
7. What makes you laugh?
8. What is your drink of choice?
9. What’s your mantra right now?
I am still learning.
10. What is your earliest beauty memory?
My family is in the music industry, so I have many memories of watching my mom and aunt get ready for shows, photoshoots, etc. They always looked so glamorous to me and would let me play with their makeup and clothes.
11. Do you have a hidden talent?
I trained as an aerial artist (think Cirque du Soleil) for several years!
12. What’s your greatest virtue?
I am incredibly giving and empathetic.
13. What is your favorite nude painting?
Grande Odalisque by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres.
14. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t change for anyone else; you’re perfect just the way you are.
15. What, besides sliced bread, is the best thing since sliced bread?
FaceTime! I have friends and family all over the world, and I love that I can talk to anyone at the click of a button.
16. When do you feel most at home in your flesh?
Dancing. I’ve struggled with body image most of my life, but when I dance, everything melts away–it’s just me and the music.